Ramadan Around the World
يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَـٰكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍۢ وَأُنثَىٰ وَجَعَلْنَـٰكُمْ شُعُوبًۭا وَقَبَآئِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوٓا۟ ۚ إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عِندَ ٱللَّهِ أَتْقَىٰكُمْ ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِيرٌۭ ١٣
عَنْ عُمَرَ بْنِ الْخَطَّابِ، – رضى الله عنه – قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم “ إِنَّمَا الأَعْمَالُ بِالنِّيَّةِ وَإِنَّمَا لاِمْرِئٍ مَا نَوَى فَمَنْ كَانَتْ هِجْرَتُهُ إِلَى اللَّهِ وَإِلَى رَسُولِهِ فَهِجْرَتُهُ إِلَى اللَّهِ وَإِلَى رَسُولِهِ وَمَنْ كَانَتْ هِجْرَتُهُ إِلَى دُنْيَا يُصِيبُهَا أَوِ امْرَأَةٍ يَنْكِحُهَا فَهِجْرَتُهُ إِلَى مَا هَاجَرَ إِلَيْهِ “ .
On the authority of Omar bin Al-Khattab, who said : I heard the messenger of Allah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam say : “Actions are but by intention and every man shall have but that which he intended. Thus he whose migration was for Allah and His messenger, his migration was for Allah and His messenger, and he whose migration was to achieve some worldly benefit or to take some woman in marriage, his migration was for that for which he migrated.” ~ Related by Bukhari and Muslim
For the month of Ramadan we could have seven main intentions.
1. We intend to fast the whole month.
2. We make intention to repent and to stop doing actions that are displeasing to Allah and start doing good deeds. The sign that your Ramadan is accepted is that you are a better person. Doing one bad deed makes it easy to do the next one. To cancel a bad deed, read istighfaar and then follow it up with a good deed. Try to keep away from that bad deed and make a firm intention not to do it again.
3. Make an intention to recite the Quran throughout the month. Ramadan is after all the month of the Quran. The gates of Jannah are open and the gates of jahanum are closed.
4. Stay up for dhikr and salah. Ramadan nights are very special. Taraweeh is read only in Ramadan. When you wake up for suhoor, you could pray tahajjud salah. This portion of the night is the last third of the night and is a time when duaas are accepted. So make lots of Duaa and recite dhikr. Remember to schedule your time properly with the help of your parents so that you’re not tired for school or any activities you have to do the following day. Try not to miss suhoor if possible, even if it is a sip of water as that is a meal that is full of baraka.
5. Make intention to have good character. That means we have to work on ourselves.
6. We should intend to get close to Allah by performing good actions.
7. We should try to say a lot of istighfaar so that we have a sound heart. Remember, we have a body and a soul. We have a physical heart and a spiritual heart. We should work on polishing our spiritual heart by doing good deeds.
May Allah accept from me and from you. Amen
Diabetes Type 1
Listen to a newly-diagnosed 10 year old boy about his experience with Diabetes Type 1:
Please consider donating to this noble cause this Ramadan
Recipe for Bubur Lambuk